I was playing around with SharePoint Online Hub Sites today and noticed something interesting... You might be asking yourself what are Hub Sites?! Read all about them here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint-Blog/Organize-your-intranet-with-SharePoint-hub-sites/ba-p/174081 Note:...
Ran into a unique issue today so I figured I’d blog about it!
This was only affecting site collections with the SharePoint Publishing Infrastructure Feature enabled. I created a new site collection with Team Site template and that loaded fine until the Publishing Feature was activated and then it started to load w/ errors.
There was a line in the logs that stuck out:
DelegateControl: Exception thrown while adding control ‘Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Navigation.PortalSiteMapDataSource’: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.CopyUserToken(SPUserToken userToken)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.SPSiteConstructor(SPFarm farm, Guid applicationId, Guid contentDatabaseId, Guid siteId, Guid siteSubscriptionId, SPUrlZone zone, Uri requestUri, String serverRelativeUrl, Boolean hostHeaderIsSiteName, SPUserToken userToken, Boolean appWebRequest, String appHostHeaderRedirectDomain, String appSiteDomainPrefix, String subscriptionName, String appSiteDomainId, Uri primaryUri)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(SPFarm farm, Uri requestUri, Boolean contextSite, Boolean swapSchemeForPathBasedSites, SPUserToken userToken)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(SPFarm farm, Uri requestUri, Boolean contextSite, SPUserToken userToken)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(String requestUrl, SPUserToken userToken)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedObjectFactory.OpenWebFromSuperUserSite(Guid webId)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CacheManager..ctor(SPSite site)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CacheManager.GetManager(SPSite site, Boolean useContextSite, Boolean allowContextSiteOptimization, Boolean refreshIfNoContext)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedAreaLookup.EnsureLookup(Boolean errorsAsExceptions)
I double checked the Object Cache settings for all web apps and everything looked good.
Removing the Object Cache Accounts using this PowerShell command made the sites with Publishing Infrastructure enabled load up without errors:
$wa = Get-SPWebApplication -Identity "http://webappurl"
After that I ran the commands to re-add the Object Cache (SuperUser/SuperReader) accounts and everything was still working. A few days earlier the application pool account for this web app expired and was reset to the original password, which may have had something to do with this. Looks like it just needed a little reset of the Object Cache accounts and everything was back up and running!