Monthly Archives: December 2015

SharePoint SSRS – Orphaned SQL Agent Jobs Causing Subscriptions to Fail

Weird/crazy issue recently. Subscriptions were getting bogged down/failing in a SSRS SharePoint Integrated Mode environment. This issue seemed sporadic..some days subscriptions would fire off at the scheduled times and sometimes they’d get stuck processing for a few hours before users would receive the subscriptions. After some troubleshooting/digging into this issue we noticed something off. We ran a query in SQL to compare the SSRS Subscriptions with the SQL Agent Jobs on the server. These numbers did not match..There were around 70 additional SQL Agent Jobs on the server..and they were not attached to a subscription. Opening one of them up shows that it was a SQL Agent Job created by SSRS for a subscription..but no subscription was associated. Disabling these jobs fixed the issues.

Here’s the SQL script (This renames all SQL Agent Jobs to have a prefix of ZZZZ_ and disables the job):